Thursday 3 January 2013

I hate recomended videos

I worked out how to get rid of the recommended videos and I'm so happy now my youtube homepage looks like it used to and I won't be missing anymore videos! 
__________________________________________________________
If you hate the crowded homepage then this is how I did it... 
At the left side of the youtube homepage is that list of all your subscriptions. Found it? Underneath are two buttons: 'Browse channels' and 'Manage subscriptions'.  Click on 'Manage subscriptions'.
This will take you too a new page with another list of your subscriptions, this time with tick boxes. One of the tick boxes says 'show only uploads in news feed' or something like that.  Tick this box for all of your subscribers. This means you won't see any of what they liked or commented, if you want to see that then don't untick it but it's the only way I've found to clear the homepage.
There isn't a save button so just click the youtube logo to go back to the homepage where your new settings should have changed.
_________________________________________________________
I really hope this works for you. So far I haven't seen a single recommended video on my homepage, It's almost like having the old layout back! 
Yeah your welcome ;) 
Laurel xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment