Sunday 23 June 2013

Essie Nail Varnish




I bought my first Essie nail polish quite a long time and didn't really get all the hype. Yes, Essie has amazing colours and the names are always very creative but the actual formula inside the bottle didn't exactly blow me away. I'm not a fan of thick, gel like nail polishes so since I found this particular one thick and gel like it's understandable I suppose that I wasn't a big fan. I much prefer thinner nail varnishes. Not so thin it takes a billion coats (if it takes more than two it's bye bye) but just more manageable. I love flat brushes but because the product is so thick I still found it hard to use. My problem was that I would end up with too much product on my nail and it would almost always get ruined before it had dried or it would look crappy because it was sooo thick.


I know I won't be able to walk past the Essie stand without wishing I could love them. I won't be able to resent the colours because of the formula. In fact, I'm sure I'll end up buying another at one point. If you like thick nail polishes then I'm sure you'll love these, when applied correctly they actually dry very quickly. I loved it when I first bought it but in very little time we have grown apart. They are also verrry pricy at I think round about 8 pounds so if you're getting one just make sure you know what you're getting into! 

Essie - Blanc

No comments:

Post a Comment